Dr. Jordan Peterson’s political views are often misunderstood. He is often taken out-of-context and misquoted. He is, in fact, quite moderate, independent-thinking, and fact-based. He can get rather animated and passionate during his lectures/interviews; however, if you listen to the content you will see his positions are well researched and thought-out. I have listened to hundreds of hours of Jordan Peterson, there are no secret videos with extremist content, it is all freely available on the internet. I have never heard him say anything discriminatory in any way. Generally his message is reserved for each imperfect individual, himself included, in their quest for improvement. I have collected clips of some of the more controversial subjects he discusses and you can judge for yourself. Please share this with anyone who may have a faulty view of Dr. Jordan Peterson, or anyone who wants to learn more about his actual beliefs. I will post the short clip of each subject as well as some longer-form discussions on the same topic in hyperlink.
1. Gender Pronoun controversy: JP rose to fame due to his refusal to use government-mandated speech – in the form of gender pronouns. Some accused him of being trans-phobic, however he maintains his resistance was due to the forcible manipulation of language by those with ideological agendas. (3:49)
Longer form: JP before Canadian Parliament I know it sounds boring, it is actually very entertaining. Relevant @ minute 16
2. Inequality and Hierarchies: Some say JP is part of the oppressive patriarchy. Jordan Peterson explains the existence of hierarchies and their relations to inequality. (5:40)
Long Form: Oxford Union Address discusses many things but his speech focuses on hierarchy.
3. Masculinity: Why do many young men follow Jordan Peterson? His emotional response shows the reality of his character. (7:02)
4. Men and women: Jordan Peterson discusses the differences in personality between men and women and what divides us. (4:29)
5. Gender Pay Gap and Gender Equality: There is some overlap with the above but he explains his position on gender pay differences and how men and women view career. (13:34)
Long form: Spanish interviewer on variety of subject but @ around minute 52:40 it focuses on gender issues. One of my favorite interviews with JP.
6. Enforced monogamy: Jordan Peterson got into some hot-water over a misinterpretation of the term “enforced monogamy”. He explains his stance here. (3:08)
7. White privilege, safe spaces and transgenderism. (6:12)
8. Postmodernism and the new culture of entitlement. (13:19)
Long form: Full Harvard talk – excellent on social issues and our role in changing society.
If there are any other topics you would like me to include please contact me. I plan to do our next clip collection on topics relating to mental health. Please share this with your friends/family and check out our other blog posts for more in-depth discussion of Jordan Peterson relating to femininity and motherhood. Follow on Facebook or this website for updates.